This programme involves capacity building at county level. It’s aimed at sensitizing policy and technical officers, land owners, users and managers at the county level on the constitutional and policy provisions on land.
Further, this programme is designed to highlight local level issues in the select regions in the context of the country’s legal framework.
The programme accomplishments include:
- Convening several county level forums, featuring topics such as land management and administration, land use planning, sub-divisions, boundaries and dispute resolution.
- Collaborating with organizations and institutions including National Land Commission, County governments, KIPPRA and community elders, to broaden our educational efforts and information delivery.
- Land Clinics in Thika, Kajiado and Machakos Counties to promote service delivery in the land registries. The Clinics gave the public an opportunity to engage with officers who serve them at a more direct level.
- Building media’ professions capacity on reporting of land issues.
- Publishing editorial articles in local publications.
- Dissemination of IEC materials on policy and land rights.